<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35393788?origin\x3dhttp://shortmeh.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><iframe src="http://www2.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=6035547611738480329&blogName=JEX.+%3BD&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fjexunited.blogspot.com%2Findex.html&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fjexunited.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>

Sunday, June 01, 2008




This will be an entry about GOOD food. So people get ready to DROOLLL!!!

At the same time, I'm gonna include the photos from my jap trip ( 11-15April 2008)
This trip deserves a very detailed entry by itself but it's probably gonna drag on till April 2009 before I can complete it.

And trust me, you've seen for yourself how good I am at dragging it. Btw, if you havent realised, my zuzu photos and entry is not complete. I've only completed the first part of my zuzu trip. HA! Well, let's see when I'm gonna fulfill my promise. =D


Arrived Narita on 11th April 2008. Super high ah!

Outside some mall in makuhari.
Outside disneysea. It was raining damn heavily and I was so 'under-cloth'. Sounds wrong. But anyway, I was told that the temperature would in the 18-19 deg, so I brought clothes to suit that temperature. Just tshirts and a thin adidas jacket.

Who knows! Earth is changing, the ice bergs are melting and all the global warming. It turned out to be a freaking 10deg! What's more, my natural insulator I have on me is very thin, I almost froze to death in tokyo.

On disney train. The windows and handles are all MICKEY MICKEY!! =D
At the entrance of DisneySea. We went for the package after 6pm becoz the entrance tix was much cheaper. We were late and we reached there abt 7pm which means we only had abt 3 hours to roam about the SEA!

My team was the more kiasu and hyper team so we had a mini amazing race. We ran from rides to rides and we refused to stop to take a breath even though we were tired. racing against time!
Disneysea was really big and beautiful. It's a pity coz we can't take nice photos at night.
Used to be my fave ride when I was in Disneyland (LA) years ago. I had the impression that it's a very fast and scary ride so I was so looking forward to it when I reached Disneysea.

I dunno if my heart has gotten stronger over the years or becoz I've sat on so many roller coasters that none of the roller coasters there made me vomit my heart out.

It was raining very heavily that night but it didnt affect us much. Put on the raincoat and we continued running towards all the rides, oh yeah, was quite an experience taking all the outdoor roller coasters out in the rain. It's FRIGGIng COLD!!! can't scream coz the mouth was numb. fingers was numb..
1) Kawaii Lao Ban and csy
2) FS zabors
3/4) Xiao Ping and csy ( bought that cap in Shibuya at S$45, so expensive! I didn't realise it until I left the shop. See lah, shopping overseas are very dangerous esp for pple who can't divide and do mental calculations properly. Very super mario looking hor! =D )
1) Mel Mel and Csy with the tickets to our food
2) First dinner at Makuhari
3) Mel, Csy and XP on mickey train to disney.
4) I think that's the father of little mermaid.

1) Fantastic Ice Cream at Lei Men. Can't rmb the actual name of that place. oh man, this is really a lousy travel entry. I was supposed to take out my itinery and be more detailed. but that would mean another 2 more months before this entry is out. =p

2) Under sakura tree
3/4) Japan car plate... Abit boliao. =p

Ah Paul and Ah Von with our DJ pose at Shinjuku.
Outside a mall @ Ginza. Ginza is a very atas place in Tokyo so we supposed to go there and enjoy and feel / act like a taitai/shaoye. but atas place also mean stressful place! I feel Ginza is a place infested with rats becoz it's super rat-raced! We wanted to have a cup of nice kopi at some cafe to relax but we were shocked everytime we enter a cafe. It seems like everyone is having meeting ( all guys clad in black suits ) with laptops and drinking coffee at the same time.

Heck, let's just go to MacDonalds lah. Shouldnt be that bad. Maybe Japanese obasan will bring their grandchild to have their happy meals too! HA! Damn wrong. I went up to the 2nd level of Mac and I was laughing quite loudly. I turned my head and I saw a group of Men in Black staring at me, with one hand holding the burger and the other hand either on their laptop or reading a book.

Even their seats are compartmentalised. It's so un-Mac-ish. No balloons, no happy meals, no laughters, I can't even rmb if there's music!

So we ended up dabaoing Starbucks and we sat by roadside. Totally can't blend in with the people there. What's more we were too COLOURFUL for the people there. If we didn't go to shinjuku and shibuya, I would have assumed that their national colour is black and white.
Believe it or not, they only have 2 colours for umbrellas! WHITE and TRANSPARENT!


Tired us managed to find a place to accomodate us. I think it's the fire exit by the toilets. *scream*


Finally, happy and colourful and hippy SHIBUYA!!! Their billboards are so CHIO!!! I was damn high when I exited the train station. Chio zabors and Cute guys were zooming past me. Lights were blinking and I didn't know where to look.

The famous shibuya 109. I thought this was the place to see all the 109 辣妹 but dun have lei! It only had stores and stores of funky zabor clothes that is only suitable for Jap girls. So I left the building in 10 mins.

Teeheehee!! This guy looks better in person. He was walking along the street asking pple to settle their dinner at the restaurant. I walked past him twice and stole a few glances at him and I finally had the courage to ask him to take a photo with me. Stupid Xiaoping had to be a lampost! =p
My FAVOURITE RAMEN!!!!!! their Ramen is WAYYYYY nicer than those we have in SIN. I had a few ramens after I returned from Jap and none of them can satisfy my cravings for ramen anymore. Im dead!

At centre Gai @ Shibuya. Pardon me for the mismatch in colour for my clothes. I know pink doesnt match with green but it was damn cold so I had to match and wear whatever leftover I have in my suitcase.
Teeheeehhee. Oh, I forgot to mention that our hotel in Shinjuku was at the Red District. but their red district also very high class one lah, totally different from our geylang. So you see the 3 guys on the poster? They are the top 3 quack quack for that month. No, I didnt think of visiting any of them.




Japan is well known for their transportatn system and they are right. Their train services are SO fantanstic and complicated that we have to lift our head 90 degs to view their whole map.



Pretty sky.
Pretty angle taken by pretty photographer.
Pretty Carpark.
Pretty Csy. Oh, and pretty telephone booth. If you are a fan of Jap dramas, then I'm sure you know this telephone booth is a very romantic spot esp during rainy nights. I dun rmb seeing this kind of telephone booth in sin lei.
OMG! I was reminded of naruto when I saw this shop. It seems like the restaurant where Naruto always had his Char siew Ramen! +D
In front of their famous ABC-mart.
SASHIMI!!!!!! I can't different salmon ones from the rest tho.
FS in front of some famous temple. aiya, I will look through the itinery and update again.
Yummies!

Ah Paul and me in front of the restaurant where our co. treated us atas class dinner.
Rows of quacks quacks
In front of the red district of Shinjuku. 歌舞技町
My favourite Ramen again. I think had many many meals of ramen there. Never enough!
In front of the typical ramen restaurant. Haiz. if only I can dabao the whole store to singapore. =(
If you squint alittle, the billboard says its 9degs! I was only wearing a tshirt inside that white jacket. SUPER COLD LAHH!!
The typical transparent umbrella everyone is carrying in tokyo.
Lei Men. I heard this is a must-see place when you go tokyo. There's this saying . ' 如果你没去过雷门就等于没去过日本‘ Why ah? I also dunno...

But anyway it wasnt easy to have this picture taken coz most tourist also want to have a picture taken with it. So must kiasu and chiong under it the moment you have the chance! Let you all see chio jap zabor also.
FS having our lunch at lei men.
The menu. How to order!!! Tsk!
The bEST OYAKU-don i have ever eaten in my life!!! . I miss the miso soup. Boohoo!!




Teeheehee... No further descriptions needed lah hor. =D
Daph, Mel, Vonne, David and Ken. BI SHEN AH!!!
Even the flowers by the road of Ginza also so pretty. Their street very clean and white!
Ginza
Trying to act taitai in front of their LV. HA!




You must be wondering why I havent mentioned abt Hello kitty thruout the whole entry? becoz HEllo Kitty deserves one whole entry by itself.!! ahhaha!! WAit!!
Satisfied us with our ice cream!
The temple reminds us of SHaolin temple. hence all these poses. Abit retarded but very funny!

Taken inside their neoprint machine. We took neoprint for S$4 but I have yet to scan it in yet. Kawaii FS!
Noodle man by the road.

Guyssss...
Guysssss.............love hello kitty too...
Sakura!
SAkura again!

And finally, why are we all so happy in this photo?!


becoz
I have finally sunk my teeth into SUPER DUPER FRESH SALMON SASHIMI WITH SUPER GOOD WASABI!!! DAMN HIGH!!!!

My gawdddd.. Make me crave for it in the middle of the night!!!

I'm flying there next week again on SQ A380 just to eat my sashimi again. I'm mad but who cares!!!










Joking lah.

I know this is a very chomp chomp and buay zai post. I feel bad too. It deserves something much better...

NVM, I'll leave it for my next JApan trip lo!

JAPAN, I WILL BE BACK!!!

Oyasumi!! =D

csy♥
3:53 AM

">cbox